Israeli StartUp; Sirin Labs officially launched its super high-end Android smartphone “Solarin” on Tuesday, at an event in London, bringing to an end years of speculation about what the company’s been cooking up behind the scenes, Venture Beats reports.
Sirin Labs that was founded in 2013, have created the what they would call “Rolls-Royce” of smartphones; an advanced device that combines “the highest privacy settings, operated faster than any other phone, built with the best materials from around the world.”
Solarin promises “the most advanced privacy technology, currently unavailable outside the agency world,” and has partnered with Communication Security Firm; KoolSpan to integrate chip-to-chip 256-bit AES encryption which is apparently the same technology as used in military communications around the world.
“Cyberattacks are endemic across the globe. This trend is on the increase. Solarin is pioneering new, uncompromising privacy measures to provide customers with greater confidence and the reassurance necessary to handle business-critical information,” Tal Cohen, CEO and Co-founder of Sirin Labs said in a statement.
Solarin packs in a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, comes with support for 24 bands of LTE, 23.8-megapixel rear camera and a 5.5” IPS LED 2K resolution screen, three bass-boosted speakers linked through a “smart amplifier” to increase volume and minimise distortion and there’s also Qualcomm Quick Charge technology, to name a few of it’s specs.
“Every single design decision and material choice was based on performance and functionality,” said Fredrik Öijer, VP of product at Sirin Labs.
“The product you hold today unites the very best of the world stage.” he adds.
The phone goes on sale with effect of today (1st June) for 14,000 USD (about 47 million UGX and 9,500 Pounds) and is available in four color configurations.
According to reports, the device will be sold through Harrods, the Sirin Labs’ website and a new Sirin Labs store in Mayfair, London.
- COMPUTATION MEMORY
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octa-core 2GHz 64bit processor.
- Adreno 430 GPU.
- Hexagon V56 DSP.
- 128 GB of internal memory storage.
- 4GB RAM Low Power Double Data Rate memory (LPDDR).
- 5.5 inch display.
- IPS LCD technology with PFS LED backlight.
- WQHD 2560 X 1440 pixel-resolution at 538 pixel-per-inch (ppl).
- 120% sRGB colour gamut standard produces vivid colour space.
- 1500:1 contrast ratio (typical).
- 600 cd/m2 max brightness (typical).
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- MAIN CAMERA
- Super high-resolution 24 megapixel main camera.
- Laser Auto-Focus.
- Quad colour multi-tone flash.
- FRONT CAMERA
- Wide-viewing angle 8 megapixel selfie camera.
- Visible flash light.
- WiGig 60GHz with up to 1.5Gb/sec.
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with 2x2MIMO up to 866Mb/sec.
- Wi-Fi hotspot (tethering and portable hotspot).
- Bluetooth 4.1, BLE v1.0 (Dual Mode) with A2DPNFC.
- USB v3.1 type C
- CHARGING AND BATTERY
- Internal 4040mAh Li-ion.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.
- Gyroscope and accelerometer.
- Fingerprint Sensor.
- Proximity Sensor.
- Ambient Light Sensor.
- Ambient Temp Sensor.
- Wake-up double tap sensor.
- Laser Auto-Focus.
- IP 54 water and dust resistance.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.