Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Either Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Information Systems and Administration or Systems Administration or Science (Computer Information Systems) or Bachelor of Statistics (Computer Science Option) or any other closely related discipline in the field of Computer Science from a recognised University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Systems Analyst for performing the following duties:-
- Determining requirements for computer systems, data storage and retention or related hardware or software facilities.
- Establishing overall and or detailed design specifications and development schedules for sub-system.
- Coordinating new on-going computer systems.
- Modifying, maintaining and developing complete systems.
- Performing programming duties as required.
- Researching, planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading operation systems.
- Writing and maintaining system documentation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs on the Application Form.
- One photograph on the Summary Form.
- Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
- Applicants should attach three (3) sets of photocopies of their certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
Age: 30 years +
Applications are invited from suitably qualified University Graduates to fill the following vacant post. Applications Forms/Public Service Commission Form No.3 (2008) in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form) should be submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, and P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than Friday 15th April, 2016.
The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or via the PSC website. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
If you are applying for this opportunity, your application forms should bear the title of the POST (Systems Analyst) followed by the Reference Number (HRM 74/272/01 ) against the vacancy.
The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 1/2016” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008).
Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews and their names displayed on the PSC website stated below and on the PSC Notice Board, shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the oral interviews.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.