Will be charged with the configuration and maintenance of the Government collaboration software and related services.
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.
The Systems Administrator Data Centre Applications will be charged with the configuration and maintenance of the Government collaboration software and related services that will be implemented in the Primary Data Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the management of all hardware, applications, services and operating systems in the Data Centre.
- Responsible for the design and acquisition of tools to proactively identify errors, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources.
- In charge of the development of application policies and procedures; monitoring compliance of these.
- Ensure that server operating systems, storage systems and applications are up to date with the latest patches and antivirus updates.
- In charge of the implementation, integration and support of Data Centre Applications, storage Systems and other platforms. eg cloud and virtualisation platforms.
- Monitor 24 hour Data Centre operations to ensure that the Data Centre facilities are always operational without any disruptions.
- Ensures provision of internet bandwidth to MDAs from the Data Centre.
- Conducts physical periodic inspections of the Data Centre environment and equipment, maintaining required records/documentation.
- Regularly monitor of the LAN/WAN infrastructure that will be integrated with the Primary Data Centre infrastructure.
- Ensure policies, standards and documentation procedures related to Data Centre operation procedures are adhered too.
- In charge of the implementation of Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Systems Administrator Data Centre Applications job placement should hold a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Professional certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, etc., will be an added advantage.
- At least three years experience in the design, implementation and management of Data Centres in a large enterprise.
- Previous exposure and experience with visualization and cloud computing platforms will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Be a person of integrity and honesty.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees.
Candidates should send their application to; The Executive Director, National Information Technology Authority UGANDA (NITA-U), Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass) P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs).
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline for submission is 6th June 2016 by 12.00 hrs.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.