Responsible and accountable for the smooth running of East African Community Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) computer systems, implementation and maintenance of all IT related projects
The Senior Information Technology Officer will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of EAC-CASSOA computer systems, implementation and maintenance of all IT related projects of the Agency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will manage the IT department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation and planning
- The jobholder will manage the information technology and computer systems of the Agency.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations of the Agency In charge of the design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures of the Agency Identify problematic areas, implement strategic solutions to them in time, and develop prevent measures to deter their re-occurrence.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes Preserve IT assets, information security and control structures.
- The jobholder will supervise and assess the performance of Information Technology Officer.
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ensure that the data hosting provider is reliable and safe. Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the management and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- The jobholder will regularly maintain and update information on the Agency website Ensure Agency IT systems and infrastructure are kept up to date and secure.
- Develop an information/data disaster recovery and backup scheme for the Agency Prepare the Annual Programme of Activities and Budget for the department perform any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology is a must.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in the field of Information Technology, particularly in area of data management, systems administration and Integration three of which in senior position.
- Broad working knowledge with certificates in web designing/development, Programming, hardware maintenance and networking is added advantage.
- Practical experience in the computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, strong problem solving skills/ troubleshooting capabilities
- Quick learner,Flexibility and ability to cope with change Good team player Keen attention to detail.
Age: Below 55 years old by 1st July, 2016
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the Executive Director, P.O. Box 873, Entebbe Uganda or Email, quoting the job advert reference number (REF: CAS/HR/004/2016) of the position applied for either by registered mail, courier, or email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of national IDs or passports.
- Copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
- Day time telephone/cell phone numbers.
Applications sent through the Post Office or by courier services should have the job advert reference written on the top left corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 15th April, 2016
The Civil Aviation, Safety and Security Oversight Agency (CASSOA) is a specialized technical Institution of the East African Community with its headquarters in Entebbe, Uganda. The Institution is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the development of a safe and secure civil aviation system in the region.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.