Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest micro-finance institutions operating in western Uganda with its head office at Fort Portal. Its vision is to economically empower households in Uganda. Hofokam’s mission is to provide quality financial services, information and technical training to the economically active poor so as to realize their full potential.
The Network and Systems Administrator will provide ICT functions and services to Management and staff in line with the Hofokam’s policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs the administration processes and maintenance of the Active Directory / Microsoft Exchange / Unified Messaging systems.
- The jobholder plans and coordinates the installation of new releases and system software.
- Installs and tests new system software releases and place them in production mode after successful testing.
- The incumbent will develop and operate Storage (SAN, NAS), backup and disaster recovery plans, and an enterprise antivirus / patch management infrastructure.
- Researches and evaluates information technology hardware and software system requirements; configures.
- Installs and maintains server hardware and software where applicable,recommends, implements, and ensures systems security.
- Provides tier/layer three operational support as needed.
- Develops and maintains physical and virtual server provisioning.
- Mentor, train and support other staff in the basic use of the system software application.
- Keenly monitor WAN, LAN and Internet usage to ensure network regularity.
- Prepares systems documentations in accordance to existing ICT standards and policy manuals.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned.
- Operating, installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting a variety of highly technical computers, servers and peripherals;
- Manages time, communicates clearly and concisely to both internal and external clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Network and Systems Administrator should preferably hold a Degree in IT/Software Engineering or Computer Science from reputable institution of higher Learning.
- Professional certifications i.e. CCNP, CCNA, Microsoft certifications are an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in network or infrastructure administration or support.
- Broad working knowledge in DNS, DHCP, SMTP and other core protocols.
- Knowledge in setting up Active Directory in Windows Server 2012 Desktop.
- Skills in written and spoken English;
- Possesses positive and professional outlook, problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- This opportunity requires someone with maximum integrity
- Excellent analytical skills and flexibility in accepting tasks and assignments
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications with copies of academic and professional certificates, an updated CV, postal address, day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees to;
The Human Resource Manager; Hofokam Ltd, P.O. Box 228 Fort Portal, Uganda, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is 15th May, 2016.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.