Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Job Opportunity: IT Officer- International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgaduud regions), Putland and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected
This position will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure and operations of IT activities in IRC Somalia Mogadishu offices.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 issues in CP
- Resolve or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Lead/international IT, management, and vendor) as necessary.
Installation Configuration and management of:
- Servers, Windows server 2008 operating system, Domain and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 7 operating system image.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
Maintenance, Repair Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
- Implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users as per IRC IT recommendations and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation system, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Investigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity with New York Headquarters.
- Any other IT related tasks assigned by the supervisor or Regional IT team to accomplish the overall organizational goals.
- Test and evaluate new technology as required by Regional and HQ IT.
- Advise site managers of the technology available to help accomplish their tasks and goals, and help them develop a technology implementation plan inclusive of system design and staff training.
- Prepare and submit regular weekly, monthly report that provide sufficient detail for IT lead to understand the office IT environment.
IT Asset Management:
- Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain an updated IT Asset Registry, including software licenses.
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
Work Experience: 2-3 years
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience.
- CCNA course desired, MCSE or equivalent experience is desired.
- At least three years of experience in IT profession
- Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Outlook experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Customer/Client service experience
- Able to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds from floor to a standard desktop.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Commitment to succeed
- High sense of urgency
- Strong follow-up skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Full description of the position and application details can be viewed through our website: www.rescue.org/careers Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications: 19th May 2016
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.