Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
The Information Technology IT Associate will provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by step solutions; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network/printer problems and be able to provide network solutions to more complex end-user problems; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of hardware and software used in the Uganda office. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed. This includes the PABX system, shared server, and other IT equipment that belongs to the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU).
- The jobholder identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems for users of the personal computer software and hardware, network, the Internet and new computer technology; communicates solutions to end-users. Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals. Keeps and updates a hardware inventory.
- The incumbent creates groups, user-ids and assigns level of access to groups in Active Directory. Ensure that all systems are free of viruses and other malware, coordinates timely repair, maintenance (like cleaning) and replacement of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Helps install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs and switches. Create materials for end-user frequently asked questions and offers IT support via the IS Helpdesk.
- Responsible for the implementation of daily backups and disaster recovery strategies. Conduct trainings for users in different IT applications.
- Administer windows server updates for workstations and servers approved for installation on a monthly basis.
- Keenly monitor the network security system so as to prevent external intrusion and proper use of internet bandwidth by users using the Meraki firewall. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should ideally possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of three year’s experience in providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering DOS and Windows versions of Microsoft Office Suite, and other MSH standard software (e.g. Windows, MS Project, Explorer,)
- Broad working knowledge of Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and take initiative.
- Possess excellent training skills excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook Good team player.
- Willingness to travel to districts
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link.
Deadline: 15th April, 2016
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.