Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
Provides vision and leadership to the Fund with regards to technology and information management Details.
The Head of Information Technology provides vision and leadership to the Fund with regards to technology and information management. A key part of this role is developing and implementing information technology (IT) initiatives for the Fund by identifying products/systems, automation, service delivery and support that enables business efficiency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the Fund.
- Manage long term capacity planning in terms of human resources, equipment sourcing and implementation.
- Ensure the continuous delivery and operation of integrated operational and administrative information systems key of which is the development and update of a Business Continuity Plan.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of servers, infrastructure, security, networks and security systems implemented for use in the Fund.
- Ensure that the Funds network is current with the information systems standards set by the industry and regulatory entities. Actively participate proactively with other members of the Funds senior management team in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize the use of information technology in support of business objectives.
- Participate in policy and decision making regarding resource allocation and future direction and control of proposed information systems.
- Plan, manage and ensure the integration of various ERP systems in line with the Funds long term objectives.
- Recommend on sourcing of large and complex IT related purchases for the Fund and prepare the procurement plan for the department.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Funds system security by keeping abreast of new threats/vulnerabilities as realized in the industry and devise ways to address these to ensure the Fund is not exposed.
- Provide advice and guidance to ExCo and the Board of Directors on IT strategic issues, day to day operations and problem resolution.
- Oversee the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, office automation etc.
- Oversee the coordination, facilitation, and consultation with all departmental heads on information systems, communications, human capital and customer management systems initiatives.
- The jobholder will provide leadership to staff though monitoring and managing the performance of staff, identification of training and development needs and ensuring staff are competent to deliver service and results.
- Mentor and coach staff on any changes in operational process and supervise their performance on the same. Prepare and ensure the efficient management of the IT budget.
- Oversee hardware, software and contract management with various service providers ensuring value for money.
- Approve and control expenditure relating to projects such as procurement of hardware. Work closely with vendors and vet legal documentation such as maintenance documents related to the projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Social Security Fund Head of Information Technology career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Sciences. Professional Certification in SUN/ORACLE/IBM A Certificate in Information Technology or Project Management (PMP) Professional Certifications in Cisco Networking, Microsoft Systems or ERP Administration.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in Information Technology, five of which should have been in a managerial role. Previous experience in software projects of big size and complexity Significant experience with managing multi-specialized IT staff Previous experience with managing IT budgets of over UGX 2 Billion The applicant must have been involved in a major IT core system change in a large organization.
- Good leadership and people management skills Good planning and organizational skills Commercial awareness Strategic skills Good negotiation skills Excellent communication skills Good problem solving and analytical skills Skilled in new solutions for Service delivery (Website, SMS, Call Center etc.).
- Automation of manual processes Vendor/Contractor management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications together with detailed CVs specifying day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees via E-mail to email@example.com.
Scanned copies of testimonials, academic and professional credentials MUST be attached to the applications.
Deadline: 8th April 2016 by 5PM
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of Choice providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.