Lydia Bright gave us an insight into how she creates one of her go-to make-up looks this week.
And if you love wearing smoky brown eyes as much as we do, you’re so going to want to hear about the TOWIE star’s favourite tricks, tips and products for creating that very same look…
Lydia revealed her brown eye beauty secrets in a blog post on Monday (21 December) and not only did she let us in all of her tricks of the trade, but she took a snap of some of her favourite products, too.
The reality star, who recently ruled out a future stint on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! (boo), always looks fabulous in the hair and make-up department, so we’re always super-keen to hear about the ins out outs of her beauty routine.
And now we know EXACTLY how to create one of her favourite looks – the brown, smoky eye.
“I love an earthy, smoky eye,” Lydia explains in her blog.
“It adds glamor and sexiness. I always opt for brown and cream shades, as although the look is still dramatic, it isn’t as over powering as a black or colour. Earthy tones are also great at enhancing blue eyes.”
Here’s a quick rundown of her secrets…
1. First, Lydia likes to enhance her eyebrows to frame the rest of her make-up – smart lady. She doesn’t use specific brow colours, however, but instead applies Fleur De Force Eyeshadow Quad in Cosmic Bronze, £7.99, feelunique.com. And her tip for fabulous arches?
“Never over powder and aways choose a powder the same shade as your natural brow hair,” she posts. “Too much product can make them appear stuck on, which isn’t a good look.”
2. After perfecting her eyebrows and grooming them into place with Eyeko Brow Gel, £18, asos.com, Lydia then curls her lashes with every celebrity’s favourite eyelash curlers from Shu Uemura, £20, shuuemera.co.uk.
3. Next up: eyeshadow. Lydia’s favourite colours for this look is the MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow x15 Palette in Warm Neutrals, £65, maccosmetics.co.uk.
“This palette has the perfect mix of colours. Always remember to apply a darker colour on the corners of the eyes, a light nude on the brow bone and ensure you blend all the colours, to avoid harsh line,” she recommends.
4. Lydia then likes to apply a liquid eyeliner to enhance her eyes and she loves Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Creme Colour, £18, cultbeauty.co.uk which she applies with a thin, angled brush.
“This for me is the hardest step, so take time,” she advises.
5. Last, but not least, it’s lash time.
“I love false lashes, they are so glamorous and the one item I couldn’t live without,” Lydia says. And her go-to lashes? Girls With Attitude Eye Impact Lashes in Swept Away, £4.99, girlswithattitude.co.uk which she fixes to her lashline using Duo Adhesive, £10, maccosmetics.co.uk rather than the glue that comes with the lashes. Why? Because it’s black. Clever huh?
And there you have it, gorgeous brown, smoky eyes, Lydia style!
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.