By Sato . December 23, 2015 . 4:30am
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force released today in Japan, and Japanese fans have been expressing their dissatisfaction with the game by plasma-blasting Amazon Japan with exceptionally low review scores. [Thanks, Hachima.]
While Japanese reviews on Amazon are known for being a bit more harsh than their western counterparts, an average score of 1.4 stars is still pretty low for any title, let alone a Mobile Suit Gundam game, which usually gets at least 3 or 4 stars on average.
The below is a few lines of criticism shared by users who purchased the game:
- “It’s a different game that simply used the name of the “Gundam VS” series. It’s pretty much a Gundam Musou game that doesn’t let you “Musou.” [Basically saying that it plays like a Musou game without its charm or hundreds of enemies to take on.]”
- “No free battle or online versus, and a drastic reduction of the number of mechs available, I don’t get what’s the point of this game.”
- “The worst content of all Gundam games as of late.”
- “While it’s okay to release [a game] as a standalone version with the premise of solo-play, the degree of completeness is way too low, even for a single player game.”
- “The stress that comes from its bad camera angles is just horrible.”
- “The retail version can be sold as a used game, but for those who purchased the download version, it’s like they threw 7,000 yen down the gutters.”
- “If they can’t put in a free battle mode, then I wish they’d at least have an arcade mode.”
- “Gundam fans are being looked down upon by Bandai Namco, who probably think they can cut corners for a game and still have it sell.”
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force will release in the west in 2016 for PlayStation Vita.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.