The guide for a winning Clash Royale strategy. / © Supercell
Clash Royale: We want your input
There are many paths to success in Clash Royale and oftentimes there is little that decides victory or defeat. But it’s these details that are unfortunately overlooked and that’s exactly why we’ve created this comprehensive guide. It provides an overview for beginners and advanced players alike so you can have even more fun with this game.
Some tips might seem obvious to experienced players, but remember, everyone had to start somewhere.
Write your own tips in the comments so you can discuss them with other players and help other AndroidPIT readers with their Clash Royale gameplay. We will evaluate your comments regularly and include the great ones in this guide as well as other strategies that we come up with. This guide will be constantly expanding.
Jump to a section
Clash Royale: Tips for beginners
- At the beginning, you should pay attention to a balanced mix among your units. This is also true for later in the game. So don’t just take strong units, which can cost a great deal of elixir.
- Do not fall into panic if you get your opponent under pressure or when a tower is lost. He who acts hastily has already lost!
- When only one minute remains, don’t immediately throw all your units forward. Pay attention to the fact that your towers and the King’s Tower (the tower in the center) are protected.
Question to you: What tips can you give for beginners?
Tip from our reader, Hannes Gutsch
Hannes proposes to first use a giant and ranged troops. Then, repeat this until you have won the first tower. Then he would put on the defensive and wait and see what the opponent’s move is.
For players who have reached level three, he recommends using so-called prince tactics. The player sends a force that can withstand a lot and then a troop with flight units. Hannes often used the balloon and thereafter used the prince. He continues to use this tactic until the enemy is defeated.
Clash Royale: Deck tips
Anyone who wants to enter a game of Clash Royale not only needs sophisticated tactics but also a good deck. It’s important to note that there is no perfect deck out there and no perfect tactic. However, to be successful in Clash Royale, you should follow these guidelines:
- As mentioned in the beginner tips, don’t just fight with expensive units. It’s also not advisable to carry just cheap units into the battle.
- As a rule of thumb, you should get units that are fast, units that perform well against air units, tower destroying units and units that specialize in defense (for example, defense towers).
- Your cards should fit your fighting preference. If you play aggressively, take units that can move quickly. However, for those who prefer defensive tactics, utilize units that can withstand a lot of damage. But it’s really about the mix.
Question to you: Which cards are in your Clash Royale deck and why did you receive those cards (please specify your level)?
Clash Royale: Tactics and strategies
- The player that does not react quickly enough to their opponent’s action and simply send a few units into the field has no chance in Clash Royale. Players should consider how they want to make a match. Here are some simple hints to help you with your strategy.
- Wait to start until the elixir meter is full (10) and then play your cards
- Shield your ranged troops with strong combat units. Sent, for example, before a giant and behind a bomber.
- Secure your victory. If you already destroyed an enemy tower, you have an advantage and can respond to enemy attacks very well. This is especially true with strong players, it is advisable to focus on the tower destruction on the defensive.
- If it becomes apparent that one of your towers will be destroyed, dispatch troops to an enemy turret. It often doesn’t help to doggedly fight for a tower that has little energy. Often it is destroyed by a fireball anyway.
- Your towers can defend very well against many opponents. For example, if rather weak goblins attack from a goblin hut, you do not necessarily need to employ a fighter to defend. The tower might take a little damage but it will withstand it.
- Units that quickly destroy towers, such as knights, giants, etc., are very troublesome and other combat units are superior to them. It makes sense to sure them away from the tower and put a building in their way (like a leprechaun cottage).
Question to you: Which strategies and tactics do you use?
Tip from our readers: Inventalcom
According to Invetalcom, the combination of a hog rider and a freeze spell is very effective. Instead of using a hog rider you can also use a prince.
Only those who have the right tactics will be successful. / © ANDROIDPIT
Clash Royale: Improving maps
In Clash Royale, you can improve your cards through the use of gold once you’ve reached a certain level. It naturally begs the question, what unit should you improve? Here are a few simple steps.
- If you have a preference for a card, improve it. That’s pretty simple.
- Anyone who uses real money on Clash Royale has enough gold to improve their units.
- It may be worthwhile to regularly improve units that are not included in the player’s deck. By making improvements, units are not only stronger but fit into a greater strategy in the future.
Question to you: Which units have you improved?
Clash Royale: Chests and jewels
- Chests and be opened only after a certain time on Clash Royale. If you don’t want to wait then you can use your jewels.
- Players can unlock new jewels when they earn achievements. You can unlock five jewels, for instance, if you watch a match on TV Royale.
Clash Royale: Cheats
- As of this time there are no cheats for Clash Royale
- You should therefore be wary of any promises of free jewels in exchange for your account information. These are scams and can result in the loss of your account to thieves.
Clash Royale: Review
Clash of Warcraft: Royal tower defense
Clash Royale is not the same as Clash of Clans 2. There is little in common between the strategy of these games. What they both share is colorful graphics. There are many fighters from Clash of Clans in Clash Royale, like the barbarian or the giant, but they have different appearances. The gameplay is nevertheless fundamentally different.
Clash Royale for Android is a mixture of tower defense and the Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft card game. Fighting is done with a card and the center is divided by a river. The fighters can get to the other side via two bridges. Each player has three towers which must be defended. If the main tower is destroyed, the game is lost.
Clash Royale is an excellent mixture of a tower defense and card battle game
If after three minutes a player has a tower more than their opponent, then they are the winner. To prevent this, the player sends different fighters into battle and takes spells for the different enemies. Once a fighter goes down range, the player cannot control it. The warrior fulfills his duties autonomously.
The fighters are represented by cards at the bottom of the board. The card can only be played if there is enough mana available. After a player is put into the game, it may take several seconds until the next one can be placed. The player therefore must quickly decide which fighter he plays and where he puts it.
Players must quickly decide on their next move or risk defeat. / © ANDROIDPIT
The road to success: A balanced deck
Anyone who has played Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft or the card game Magic: The Gathering, knows that a good deck is the key to success. Players who, for example, get only fighters who are very strong but also very costly in terms of elixir has no chance against an opponent with many cheap and quick troops. The right mix makes all the difference and this mix should correspond with the player’s style.
The selection of fighters and spells is pretty neat and may be improved with gold. Gold is unlocked by chests, which are available after a certain time. This can sometimes take three hours but a waiting time of 12 hours is also possible. This waiting period can be shortened by gems that can also be found in treasure chests. Real money players can also invest but it’s not imperative to do this. If a player waits and opens up the one or two free chests a day they still have a good chance of getting good fighters and enough gold for an upgrade or two.
If you want to unlock new players and more gold you must wait or pay real money. / © ANDROIDPIT
Clash Royale also provides replays of games of other players so you can learn from the successes or failures of others. Clans are also a very integral part of the game and joining a clan generally helps the player.
Clash Royale is a big game with lots to unlock and organize. But it’s not overwhelming, the player can adjust after a short training period and later fully concentrate on quick and tactical fights.
It’s a great game, with a few quirks
Many strategy games or tower defense games for PC and Mobile can take a long time until you finally get a lot of action. Clash Royale is quite different, the action starts right away. The game play flows from one exiting event to the next. So whether I’m defending or attacking, there is lots of excitement.
Clash Royale is not a game without tension. Only players who pay attention the time and to which troops to deploy next can get a victory. The battles are so fun because each fighter is balanced against different forces. This is the rock-paper-scissors concept. No unit is overpowering and each is easily offset by different forces.
Each player is balanced against another. / © ANDROIDPIT
As a player progresses in the game, they will face more difficult opponents. Although it rarely happens that a player will be overwhelmed by too powerful of an opponent, Supercell should take a look at this.
Overall, there is nothing to complain about. The cartoon graphics look great and the controls are outstanding. Even if the game gets hectic, the player always has their troops under control. The background music is a matter of taste. While sounds of fighting fit very will into the game, they are for me, personally, a little unnerving.
‘The game must go on.’ This saying goes well with players of Clash Royale because once they start, they can’t stop.
What sets Clash Royale apart from other games in this genre is the excellent mix of card battle and tower defense. Basically, the best elements of these two genres were taken out and processed in a more wholesome mixture. On top of this, there are beautiful graphics, intuitive controls and adherence to free-to-play.
What Clash Royale is lacking is more game modes. Adding more game modes will not only improve the game but also the standing of Supercell.
These small defects should not deter you. Clash Royale is a hit and will be with us for a long time. But be careful: it’s addictive.
Do you play Clash Royale? What do you think of it?
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.