NANO∙CONSOLE Connects Android Devices to External Displays, and Turns the Smartphone into a Smart TV, Game Console and PC
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151012005217/en/
SlimPort NANO•CONSOLE turns smartphones into smart TVs. (Photo: Business Wire)
A mobile-enabled dock with remote for Android mobile devices, the NANO∙CONSOLE allows users to:
- Connect their SlimPort®-enabled mobile device to any HDMI-enabled display.
- Control their smartphone or tablet remotely from anywhere in the room with the patented Bluetooth-enabled touchpad NANO Remote;
- Charge their Android mobile device;
- Play and Share their favorite media and apps on a big screen TV, monitor or HDMI projector.
- Connect additional devices such as digital media players, without the need to swap cables, due to the additional HDMI port built in.
Analogix designed the SlimPort NANO∙CONSOLE to offer a simple, plug-and-play solution for streaming digital media, playing mobile games while connected to large displays, and performing office computing tasks while connected to Bluetooth keyboards and mice, all from an Android mobile device.
The NANO∙CONSOLE was tested extensively with hundreds of apps from categories such as:
- Entertainment: Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube, HBO Go, NBC, Mivo, Ustream;
- Media: Flickr, Spotify, Dropcam, Cardboard, VLC for Android;
- Communication: Skype, GoToMeeting, Google Hangout, ooVoo, Viber;
- Games: mobile games played by pairing a Bluetooth-enabled game controller, as well as more casual games by pairing the touchpad NANO remote instead;
- Education: eduDroid, Coursera, Viewer for Kahn Academy, BrainPOP, Duolingo, Language Learning;
- Business and Productivity: Documents (Microsoft Office Mobile, Evernote, Docs, Quip, OneNote), Organizer (Google Keep, Trello, Any.do, Asana), Storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box), Mail (Outlook, Mailbox);
- Fitness applications: P90X, 30 Day Ab Challenge, Workout Trainer, 7 Minute Workout, 30 Day Fitness Challenges, and more.
For the Indiegogo campaign, Analogix partnered with Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) to bring campaign supporters a mobile gaming bundle that pairs the NANO∙CONSOLE with a BTLE Smart Mad Catz® M.O.J.O. controller for Android devices, effectively turning the smartphone into a mobile game console.
“We are very excited to bring the NANO∙CONSOLE to the market and pleased by the response we’re getting from our Indiegogo backers,” said Marv Su, Sr. Director of Marketing, Accessories at Analogix. “People already use their smartphones to deliver unlimited content on demand. Whether it is mobile gaming with a Bluetooth enabled Mad Catz controller, or navigating apps with the NANO Remote, or pairing a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to perform office tasks, the NANO∙CONSOLE is the bridge that delivers the interface we’re used to on whatever screen happens to be available.”
“We’re excited to team and help support the launch of the Indiegogo campaign for the NANO∙CONSOLE. Pairing the NANO∙CONSOLE with Mad Catz’ C.T.R.L.R mobile gamepad provides a console quality gameplay experience that’s perfectly suited for today’s multi-platform gamer,” said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. “Together, they embody our PlayBig! Vision – with the ability to turn your mobile device into a gaming, social and media hub on your HDTV.”
The crowdfunding campaign for SlimPort NANO∙CONSOLE is live on Indiegogo, at http://igg.me/at/slimportnanoconsole.
Campaign perk levels are designed to reward early support from SlimPort-enabled Android devices owners and fulfillment of claimed perks starts in November 2015.
About Analogix Semiconductor
Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. designs and manufactures semiconductors for the digital multimedia market, from portable devices such as smartphones to high-end graphics cards and large, high-definition displays. Analogix is the market leader in providing end-to-end interface connectivity semiconductor solutions for DisplayPort, including the SlimPort family of products, and an industry leader in mobile display controllers, such as low-power, high-speed timing controller solutions. The DisplayPort standard is an innovative, packetized digital interface for high-resolution video and audio that was developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). SlimPort branded products are compliant with DisplayPort, Mobility DisplayPort (MyDP), and DisplayPort Alternate Mode over the USB Type-C connector.
Analogix, SlimPort and NANO∙CONSOLE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151012005217/en/
Source: Analogix press release
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.